Google's Public DNS
Announced today was Google's free public DNS servers. Whats different is that these servers are free of redirections to advertising pages on DNS resolutions of non-existant sites. When the DNS fails, it fails according to standards.
To use their servers set your DNS lookup servers to 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168 and everything should work.
See their site for more details.
Recent blog posts
- Quick Memory Improvement for Firefox
- Canned VirtualPC Instances for IE 6, 7, 8 on XP/Vista
- Checking assembly dependencies for .NET
- Google's Public DNS
- Server Utility Functions for Non-Web Apps
- reCAPTCHA for ASP.NET MVC that uses ModelState
- Adding a container to ValidationSummary helper in ASP.NET MVC
- Generic XML Serialization Class
- Re-throwing Exceptions in C# with InternalPreserveStackTrace
- Solving xsd generation error: 'The element .... is missing'
20 weeks 1 day ago
- Thank So much
27 weeks 6 days ago
- Best tutorial i've ever read.
50 weeks 3 days ago
- Thank you
1 year 36 weeks ago
- so very helpful kenny. thank
2 years 4 days ago
- Sorry, apparently the drupal
2 years 3 weeks ago
- A better method
2 years 6 weeks ago
- No Source Code?
2 years 12 weeks ago
2 years 22 weeks ago
- Nice simple solution
3 years 6 weeks ago